Rose decor Harlequin description
Among the roses in this class – Harlekin one of the best, which was bred in 1986 in France.
Thick bushes grow in height and 3 m. Terry flowers (7-9 cm) with delicate flavor and vivid color, abundant flowering on branches with shiny dark green foliage and small spikes. Oval buds have a pale yellow color and reveal becoming raspberry pink. Large cup-shaped flowers can grow in one or up to 5 items in one stalk, bending under its own weight.
Growing Harlequin rose the power of even a novice gardener.
The peculiarity of this type of roses – the rapid growth and development of many new shoots. Shrub grows greatly in width up to 1m, is formed dense and thick stems that are very well branched. It is important to provide support to the plant.
Strong formative pruning do to stop the growth of the bush – it can fully capture all the surrounding space. Optionally, you can grow a bush or climbing rose – it all depends on pruning a bush.
Important!Rosa requires regular and abundant watering.
Throughout the season spend feeding Arlequin roses. Fed rosebushes organic, mineral and complex fertilizers. Necessary nutrients: nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, etc. iron, manganese, and others.
- Nitrogen is essential for the formation of new shoots, and a healthy dense foliage, but an excess of negative impact on flowering.
- Phosphorus affects the formation of buds and strengthen the root system.
- Potassium and magnesium also helps the formation of new buds, leaves.
Cutting and preparation for winter
Pruning for Decor rose essential for lush flowering. Ongoing – sanitary, anti-aging and forming:
- at sanitary pruning remove broken, damaged branches, and carried out at any time of the year;
- rejuvenating – in the autumn before the frost or early spring – remove old, weak, and even the young shoots, which prevent developing larger and more powerful;
- form a crown in the spring that it has an attractive appearance, shortening the pulling vines are removed shoots that grow deep into the bush, bush thickening structure.
Quality pruning removes the plant from pests and disease-causing bacteria that can develop inside the bush.
Rose Harlequin climber with a good resistance to diseases, pests and diseases is exposed only under adverse conditions, and they can hurt a beautiful bush.
- Aphids – powered juice plants. To combat use folk remedies. If they do not help, it is necessary to use chemical insecticides.
- leafhopper – tiny pests are found on the underside of leaves. White spots – the characteristic features of their appearance. To eliminate insects plant treated with a solution of soap.
- Spider mite – in the plant visible white threads of the web. Remove the damaged leaves and branches, if the shrub completely amazed irrigating solution horsetail or tobacco extract.
- Gray rot – occurs when moisture. Rust – occurrence of stains yellow, brown on the lower side of lamina.
- Powdery mildew appears during prolonged wet weather. On the foliage forms a white coating.
So that the plant does not suffer from the invasion of parasites or pathogenic bacteria should monitor the overall status of the plant. At the first sign apply national agents or chemical insecticides.
Additional informationRose Harlequin – winter-hardy variety with very severe frosts requires a light cover. In autumn cut out green shoots, broken and damaged by pests branches, gently pluck all the leaves.
Nestle shrubs at the end of November or in early December – with the onset of cold weather-resistant. The base of the bush spud the ground. Shoots removed from the bearing and bends to the ground. Sheltering spruce spruce branches climbing roses.
Tall Decor Harlequin recommended for growing as hedges, flowerbeds or on multi-level malls.