Deciding to grow orchids at home, we usually go to the flower shop, which offer different types and varieties. But the presentation of the goods may not always meet all the quality requirements. For this reason, the selection of new orchids need to be taken responsibly.
Important!Acquisition of Orchid – an important process, because only healthy and well-groomed culture will be in the future to deliver the joy of luxurious flowers
Therefore, going to the flower shop, you need to arm themselves with knowledge that will help you choose a viable green pet.
First, you must determine the type of flower. Orchids for novice gardeners – the best flowers, as undemanding to care for and easy to take out the different living conditions. As well as the risk to the appearance of these diseases is very slight.
The first thing you should look for when purchasing an orchid (Phalaenopsis) – a state of the roots. They can be seen through the transparent walls of the pot. Strong roots must be whipped and flexible, their coloration ranges from emerald to pale gray. Emerald Radical system says that culture has recently watered, grayish – about the lack of moisture in the soil.
From flower purchases should refrain, when it was noticed the following at the examination.
• Phalaenopsis swaying in the pot. This indicates that the plant or system is underdeveloped Radical has its damage.
• brown spots on the roots indicate the presence of necrotic tissue. In the future, a similar culture will take a long time to recover.
Caring for orchids for beginners florist
The right light – the most important condition for the care of orchids, which determines whether the orchid begins to blossom </ strong>With a lack of light flower will lack the power to grow, but in very bright sunlight condition of the plant will deteriorate.. Orchids – a epiphytes, which grow on trees, and the sun’s rays fall on them only through the leaves of trees.
A large number of orchids need moderate light. For Phalaenopsis the space is required to the scattering of sunlight! To orchids bloom, they need the full light day (10-12 hours per day.)
In autumn and winter, to flower spike released (when the natural light is very small), it is necessary to organize a backlight.
Indicator of lack of lighting in the orchid – dark emerald leaves instead of light green. Excess coverage – yellowing of leaves and the appearance of these brown dry spots.
Orchids grow well in each bright windowsill. The best is the eastern windows, but phalaenopsis orchid will grow on the west, south-east or south-west window. Flowers can be placed on a windowsill, and close to it, at a distance of no more 1 meter away from the window.
On the south window should be mandatory orchid shade from the sun.
In the spring and early summer, when the brightness of natural light is stronger, all orchids need to be shaded from the sun. Especially in spring you must carefully safeguard the orchid burns. Weaned during the winter from the bright sun the leaves are easily damaged by its rays.
The first sign of possible burn – redness leaf plate. Separate sites, and in more severe cases and a sheet, take on a brown color. The most severely affected varieties with dark leaves.
watering principle is simple: better not to top up than to pour. Orchids easier to outsource overdrying of soil, but the excess moisture will ruin them. The reason for root rot is most often associated with improper watering flower. home frequency of watering orchids is dependent on various conditions: air temperature and humidity, soil composition, the value of the pot, and the life cycle of the year.
Surface features indicate a need for watering orchids.
- The roots have a pale green or light tone. With normal watering they are green.
- When the wall of the pot dry. If they are even small drops of water, watering is not necessary.
- A pot of orchid very easy. You can control the moisture in its depth, gently lowered into the pot a wooden skewer, if the stick will be dry – you need to water
- In the long drought leaves fade and turn yellow orchid.
For systematic irrigation should not use water taken directly from the tap. Water for watering orchids should be boiled or filtered. The presence of salts, iron compounds and chlorine in its structure is very harmful to the plant. Water for watering orchids is mandatory should be warm.
fertilizer for orchids[/caption]
The timely transfer
Orchids need to be transplanted, but it is necessary to know how to do it correctly, if properly planted or transplanted flower, it can worsen his condition.
Should not be transplanted culture during its flowering. An exception may be the disease of culture, when it should be immediately transplanted to save from destruction.
Repot orchids can be every year, but they are not very often prefers to transplant. Transplant them, as a rule, once in 2-3 years.
Noteto blossom phalaenopsis is not necessary to transplant transplanting flower -! Stress for him and for this reason, orchid flowers after the transplant takes off
Most often they are transplanted to soil as the deterioration of the substrate. Usually bark deteriorates after 2-3 years. The root system of the time grows, gets out of the pot.
What is needed for a pot of orchids? In the wild orchids grow on trees and roots used for photosynthesis. If transplanted orchids in clay or ceramic pot with the ground – the plant will die due to root rot.
Special pot for orchids of transparent plastic with a number of holes to ventilate the roots. Using drainage of perlite or fine gravel, which fill a third of the height of the pot.
In some soil to transplant the orchid? Best natural substrate for planting – a mixture of pine, aspen or oak bark, crushed charcoal and fern roots.
Orchid sometimes pruning. To begin cutting in a period of revival or after flowering orchids. All procedures for cutting parts of the plant is carried out with sharp scissors and sanitized. The sections were then treated with wood ash or activated carbon, purchased at a pharmacy.
In a healthy cut flower stem deflorate if it has dried completely. If not, then cut to 1 dormant buds from which will begin to develop a new flower branches.
Orchid Care during and after flowering
Orchid – the plant is quite moody and requires careful maintenance. If it does not bloom for a long time, so for her properly cared for, watered frequently.
- To flower bloomed, it is important to keep it in the light. In the shadow of the flower grows, but does not bloom.
- feed the plants during flowering or when new leaflets begin to grow two to three weeks. Orchid over-fertilization and will not bloom.
- If watering orchids every two weeks, and it does not bloom, then watering should be even less.
- remove the stems after it is completely dry after petals fall – on it may be dormant buds that will give new flowers. Trimmed it to 2-3 cm above the bud, so it does not withered away.
- Orchids begin to bloom at the age of 1.5 to 3 years. The adult plants the number of shoots should be 5 to 8 pieces.
- Orchid does not like her to move. If you want to rearrange it, then put the flower pot by the same party, as soon as he stood to light. The movement of the pot with a flower adversely affects its growth, especially when the flower stalks appear.
- The roots of orchids are actively involved in the process of photosynthesis, so it is important to ensure that they have enough light.
- Instead of ceramic pots used transparent plastic containers with plenty of drainage holes.
Observing the rules of care for an exotic beauty, and orchid always will delight blossoms chic!