Raspberry feeding at different stages of its development
Berries bush need good fertile soil that is depleted with time. In order to stably bring the fruits of raspberry and was littered with tasty and large berries, you need to fertilize it on time and correctly. Raspberries require fertilizing twice a season. Early spring her fed fertilizer with higher content of nitrogen, which causes a rapid growth of the plants. Organic fertilizer as manure or compost, is most effective.
Top dressing of raspberry starts with the planting of seedlings. The soil should be well saturated with all the nutrients. After planting, the soil around the seedling mulching compost, humus, straw, sawdust. In the first year of flowering should be avoided, and in the spring of next year will give raspberry harvest.
Note Need to fertilize raspberries every season, and only in such conditions you can get a good crop of large fruit!. If the soil is clayey or sandy fertilizers must be applied more frequently.
Organic matter added to the soil layer 2-3 years after planting, because all the required nutrients are added during cultivation of raspberries. mineral ingredients used in this period. Then, complex fertilizer for raspberry prepared every year.
Before the introduction of fertilizing in the spring, the bushes need to prepare a raspberry. The first lower cut shoots removed weeds and carefully not to damage the roots and loosen the upper 10 cm layer of soil. Under the old bushes nitrogen fertilizers are applied before you loosen the soil. They are made immediately after the snow melts. In the spring of nitrogen fertilizers are the most important for the raspberries. They are aimed at accelerating the growth of stems and leaves. To ensure a good crop, raspberries require more nutrients than usual summer.
All fertilizers can be used individually or in combination. Alternating organic and mineral fertilizers – interval between dressings is 14 days. The first feeding takes place in the spring, the second – in early summer. The organic fertilizer a lot of macro – and microelements, in which the plant needs during growth and development.
- The nitrogen enhances the growth of green mass. It is contained in urea, ammonium nitrate, chicken manure. Fertilizer diluted in certain proportions, results in a groove formed along the bushes at a distance of 30 to 50 cm.
- Humus is necessary not only for food but also for improving soil structure. He is equally distributed between the bushes and mixed with the ground. You can leave humus on the surface and mix it with peat: it will serve as a mulch material
- The mature compost include bird droppings, leaves, manure, peat and weeds. The compost is prepared in advance, handled a number of useful ingredients.
- Complex fertilizer raspberry: 60 g of superphosphate, 40 g of potassium salt (can replace wood ash) and 30 g of ammonium nitrate in a bucket of water is stirred into the soil under the bushes
- Peat is used to improve soil structure, because the percentage of nutrients it is small.
- A divorced ash – fertilizer for raspberry, rich in nutrients
Note!Raspberries can grow on soils with high acidity, but prefers a neutral or slightly acidic soil, so the lower the acidity of the year before planting raspberries.
Nitrogen fertilizers are able to acidify the soil, so after you make them under every bush you need to pour a glass of ash under every bush.
How to fertilize raspberries in flowering time?
Before flowering is necessary to remove all the weeds growing around raspberry. At this time of berry bushes need a lot of effort to get a good harvest. How to fertilize raspberries in this period? During flowering or potassium compound fertilizers always come to the fore.
If in early summer, the bushes look weak and little leafy, you should use the fertilizer in the form of chicken manure. To do this, 1 part of manure is diluted in 12 parts of water, insisting for several days and pour this solution every bush. Manure in the form of feeding (instead of chicken manure), diluted in a ratio of 1: 5, bush give a healthy appearance. 5 bushes consumption is 10 liters.
Raspberry harvest yields after fertilizer in the form of a potassium salt and superphosphate. If the potassium salt is not, you can use wood ash. In May, it is advisable to feed the raspberries organic fertilizers. The ash can be diluted with water and poured under bushes. Its beneficial properties have a positive effect on the raspberries, which greatly increases the yield.
- superphosphatecontains a huge amount of useful substances for the plants: sulfur, potassium, magnesium. This fertilizer increases the yield of raspberry, accelerate development, improve resistance to various diseases.
- Potash salt– nutrient. Excellent substitute this fertilizer is usual ash, which does not contain chlorine, adversely affecting the raspberry. It is recommended to feed in dry or diluted form.
- Potassium sulphate– a highly concentrated chlorine-free fertilizer, which will need 30 – 40 grams per 10 liters of water
- Fertilizer “Ideal” – complex fertilizer is introduced in an amount of 2-3 tablespoons per 10 liters of water
Very efficient spraying on the leaves of boric acid (0.5 teaspoon to 10 liters of water). After flowering, when they begin to appear first berries, recommended feed nitrofosom (30 g fertilizer to 10 liters of water per square meter).
Note!In the summer, during the period of ripening berries, it requires at least one fertilizer.
Feeding yeast raspberries greatly stimulates flowering and fruiting. Thus feed raspberries until ripen fruit. Apart from the fact that the feeding of yeast becomes a stimulant, they strengthen the immune system plants, increase productivity and positively impact the quality of the crop.
For rich fruiting raspberries important to feed through their leaves. The spraying is carried out in the evening to a warm, calm and clear weather. Before the rain to perform such processing it does not make sense, because the rain will wash away everything. Feeding through the leaves of raspberry has the following advantages:
- good food in adverse weather conditions;
- yield rising to 15-20%;
- early ripening berries;
- excellent taste;
- resistance to pests and diseases.
Fertilizer “Crystal” is used to spray the leaves. 2-3 weeks before harvest bushes treated with a solution: 20 g of substance was diluted in 10 liters of water.
Important!of the sheet processing can be carried out 4-6 days after entering into a ground of a particular nutrient, and when weather conditions are favorable for ripening.
The plant must be filled with nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. In addition, the bushes are sprayed with an aqueous solution of magnesium sulfate and boric acid.
Signs of a lack of nutrients
Bush should be checked, paying attention to the changing colors of the leaves, thick stems:
- thin twigs and small leaves point to the lack of phosphorus;
- yellowed leaves, with green stripes – iron deficiency;
- weak growth of leaves and their color change to yellow indicate the absence of magnesium, nitrogen;
- brown at the edges of the leaves indicate a lack of potassium;
- the rapid growth of green mass – excess nitrogen
It is important to calculate the amount of fertilizer is correct. The dose depends on the appearance of the plants and crop quality. If thin shoots, grow poorly, and the harvest is not enough – it is recommended to increase the amount of fertilizer.
Fertilizer raspberries in August
How to feed the raspberries in August, especially after fruiting? No need to make nitrogen after harvest, because it promotes the growth of the green mass, it is not necessary to fall. During this period, commonly used solution of potassium 2 tablespoons potassium sulfate diluted in 10 liters of water. Flow rate 6 – 8 liters per meter.
After fruiting raspberries in late autumn cut, or left uncut for the winter. In the first case, a raspberry-feeding does not make sense, but in the second, when the autumn feeding, the plant is better to prepare for winter.
Fertilizer in September
Organic substances containing essential trace elements should be added in the fall. It is important to fertilize the plants in autumn, because they used a significant amount of nutrients during the growing season and fruiting. During this period, shrubs easy to absorb fertilizer, so they will be healthy spring. The absence of these elements lead to slower development and reduce yields in the coming year.
Organic fertilizers commonly used in the fall:
- manure will give strength to the bush during the rapid growth in the spring, in cold weather will help keep the roots intact;
- compost manure is no less effective, a good solution is to use the leaves, vegetable waste;
- chicken manure is used in an aqueous solution, spraying the surface uniformly raspberry.
Autumn raspberries fertilize follows: teaspoon superphosphate and calcium sulfate partitioned by each bush, and then mulch soil humus, compost or thick stems or leaves of nettle.
Note!Do not use it all at once, it is best to choose the most suitable and cheapest options, make a clear and specific feeding plan and stick to it.
Fertilize raspberries in the fall can be due to green manure. Its planted in late summer between the rows of raspberry bushes, and in preparation for the winter raspberry mow where green manure rot. For such crops suited mustard, clover.
Is nitrogen in the fall need?
In autumn raspberries should be carefully fertilized, so as not to cause the growth of new stems, which are not able to spend the winter. Therefore, before proceeding with the application of fertilizers, it is important to find out which of them will have a positive effect on plants. At the same time, regardless of the soil, raspberries should not be left without feeding.
August begins the growth of secondary roots. Nitrogen is the major component in the process. It stimulates the growth of plants, which disrupts the maturation of the shoots and significantly reduces frost shrubs.
You can not use nitrogen in large quantities, because raspberries will grow constantly. Most plants can use the nitrogen for the growth of the root system, previously stored in the leaves.
Preference is given to potassium. During this period, due to the roots of potassium are better prepared for the winter, and new shoots will mature before winter, so that better survive the winter. Potassium fertilizers containing chlorine, harmful fall. Bushes, who were subject to these fertilizers, sick chlorosis.
Before the advent of frost plants begin to prepare for winter. Raspberry winters in the state pressed against the ground. Pruning involves removing old dry and thin branches of the young. As a result, there are only new thick stems that are cut off at the top of a 15 – 20 cm, and the distance between the bushes is 60 cm If the shoots sprout between them -. They are cleaned.
Leaves shoots carefully removed so as not to damage the kidneys. If you leave the leaves, they become wet, rot, and can destroy kidney. After cleaning the shoots bend, and secured with wire clamps as close as possible to the ground, so raspberry winter will be completely covered with snow.
Raspberry necessarily thank for the care of high yield. A good harvest is always dependent on proper feeding and good care of the plants.